Thursday, November 19, 2009

November = BUSY


November has been crazy! We started with our trip to Northern California. Our flight was into San Francisco, and from there we drove Pacific Coast Hwy down to San Luis Obispo. We did a short day trip to check out Hearst Castle in San Simeon - wow! And of course, had to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge (which seems tiny compared to our Chesapeake Bay Bridge).


The weather was in the 70's and sunny most of the days we were there, which is funny b/c our pics all seem to show overcast and cloudy skies. Pat could not believe the size of the waves and how many surfers we saw - they were everywhere! I also finally caved and took my first belly pic (about 5 1/2 months in it).


Next, we went to the Virginia Tech - Maryland game at Univ of MD. Not only was a great time had because the Hokies beat the Terps once again, but we were able to see Michelle, Dougie, John, and A - who we have not seen in forever. Dougie was the only one wearing the right colors though, and the only one of the group who could bask in the victory with us. Thanks Ed for hooking us up with the tickets - those seats were worth every penny!


A week ago, my friend Alison took Pat and I to register at Babies R Us. THANK goodness she was there, or we (me) would have been in there forever trying to decide. We were able to get most everything done in under an hour, and Pat was still patient and smiling - sounds like a successful trip to me.

I have also been busy this month with basketball - yes, I am coaching again, and hopeful I can finish the season before the baby comes. We have finished tryouts and have moved on to regular practices. I have high hopes for the team this year - they seem very motivated and smart, and seem to respect me even though my bball playing/skills leave much to be desired while in my pregnant state. Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment